How to get married
at City Hall

Our guide to planning your NYC City Hall Wedding

General Information

All New York State marriage license information published on this page is accurate to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. Please visit the Office of the City Clerk for the most current information.

How do I get started?

The first thing you will need is a New York State marriage license. This marriage license is valid for 60 days. (I believe that for Active Military it is valid for 180 days.). You may apply online, which is suggested, as this will inform you of necessary documents e.g.: divorce papers from previous marriage etc. Please note, if you start the application process online both you and your prospective spouse must appear in person at the Office of the City Clerk to complete the process.

Please enter your information accurately. Print paperwork and take with you to City Clerk’s Office to obtain your license.

Your online application is only valid for 21 days. You must complete the application before then otherwise you will need to resubmit it.

Remember: Your marriage license can only be used in The State of New York.

Ceremony information at The Office of The City Clerk

Most important!! You must wait a full 24 hours from the time your marriage license is issued before a marriage ceremony can be performed.

The Fee for the marriage ceremony performed in any Offices of the City Clerk is $35.00, payable by credit card or money order payable to the City Clerk.

Marriage Ceremonies are performed on a first come first served basis. They are done during regular business hours, Monday thru Friday from 8:30am to 3:45pm. At least one witness over the age of 18 must be present with valid photo identification, at the marriage ceremony.

After your marriage ceremony, your marriage certificate will be immediately issued to you.

Ceremony Off-Site

Apply and received your marriage license as stated above and wait a full 24 hours before your marriage ceremony. Present your marriage license to your marriage officiant. Any Marriage Officiant who performs a marriage in any of the boroughs of New York City must be REGISTERED with the Office of the City Clerk. Very Important!

The marriage officiant will fill in the necessary information on the marriage license and mail it to The Office of the City Clerk within 5 days of marriage ceremony. A marriage certificate will then be mailed to the address indicated on your marriage application.

Please let us know if you would like to host your marriage ceremony at My Kitchen and if you need assistance in retaining a marriage officiant.

Closest City Clerk’s Location and Business Hours

120-55 Queens Boulevard, Room G-100
Kew Gardens, NY 11424
(718) 286-2829
Monday thru Friday from 8:30am – 3:45pm

Get directions to Queens Borough Hall

City Hall Wedding Receptions

Your wedding reception will be a Lunch Reception with all the frills of a Full Wedding Reception – 1st dance, speeches, cake cutting, all in a private reception space decorated per your request. At an affordable price of $55.00 per person (inclusive of Tax and Gratuities), it compares well to heading to a Restaurant for Lunch/Dinner after your City Hall Vows.

Getting Here

We are conveniently located 10-15 minutes away (traffic and weather permitting) from Queens Borough Hall.

(929) 430-6788
106-15 Metropolitan Ave, Forest Hills, NY 11375

Email Us